Georgia Power Rebates
Georgia Power’s Home Energy Improvement Program can help their customers with benefits including:
- Get up to a $550 rebate when switching to an energy efficient heat pump
- Get up to a $400 rebate when you have a Duct and Envelope Tightness Verifier (DET)-certified contractor like Holtkamp Heating & Air seal your heating and air duct system
- Get up to a $400 rebate when you have a program participating contractor like Holtkamp Heating & Air seal the air leaks in your home
- Get up to a $225 rebate for a home energy assessment
- Get up to a $100 rebate for a programmable thermostat
- Get up to a $50 rebate for a 16 SEER or greater A/C system
Federal Tax Credits
A number of tax credits for residential energy efficiency have been renewed. These tax credits are available for purchases made in 2016, as well as retroactive to purchases made in 2015. Energy Star products eligible for tax credits are independently certified to save energy, save money and protect the environment. Use up to 30% less energy in your home by outfitting it with Energy Star products available across more than 70 categories.
- Get up to a $500 tax credit if your purchase or purchased certain types of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems or make other energy-related improvements to your home between January 1, 2012 and December 31, 2016.
To check out more possible rebates